Tuesday, August 24, 2010

40 year old logic, 7 year old interests.

In my profile I describe myself as someone with "the responsible logic of a 40 year old with the interests of a 7 year old boy". I think this is really fitting. This photo of my lunch today is an excellent visual to reinforce this:
This lunch was packed to be eaten on the go, because, like a 40 year old, I pack my days so tight I do not have time to eat lunch at home, much less at a table. Please note the very childish food enclosed: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, crackers, and 4 mini alflajores (cookies). However, also note that the bananas are cut like hot dogs. Why, you ask? So that they can be eaten with one hand, making walking while eating much easier. Also, this is all packed in a nice tupperware so that nothing will get smooshed. I topped it off with a diet coke, with a straw for easy drinking on the move.

Things to note:
  • I have an excel spreadsheet that maps out my daily schedule
  • I eat ice cream almost every single day
  • I constantly write out budgets and savings plans
  • I schedule Skype dates to watch Disney movies
  • I involuntarily speed walk to every destination
  • I cannot help stop when I see swings or a playground of any sort
  • I find "young people" to be irresponsible, arrogant, and overwhelmingly disappointing
  • I adore playing board games, hide and seek, and giggling at funny looking people

2 comments:

  1. Those banana sandwich tacos looks amazing! I take it moving to another country did not alleviate your need to work an godly number of hours per week and generally be busy all of the time, lol.

    I wouldn't love you any other way though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah Roxy I'm still all over the place. The one day I forgot my agenda and didn't look at it when I got home I forgot I had a student! Luckily he came to my apartment and when the bell rang I was so confused. My agenda is still my lifeblood, that is something I will never escape haha. But hey, at least I'm putting a fun spin on my busy life!

    ReplyDelete