My friend Shobie just said this to me and it seemed like something I would say. "I did some analysis". Who else needs to analyze fun? I think that fits right in with my 40 year old logic/7 year old interests theory.
However, I am also in complete agreement with Shobie about remedying the results of this analysis. My life in Buenos Aires is not about work. Yes, work will always be necessary, this is a resume building experience and of course, I will never escape my true workaholic nature, but I am here to have an adventure and allow myself to have the fun I always should have been having. I didn't do any extracurricular activities in high school because I was working. I didn't get very involved in university because I was working so much I could hardly sleep. I wasted part of my youth. I don't have regrets, but I'm shutting down that pattern here and now.
- I completely refuse to schedule any work on Saturdays.
- I also refuse to schedule any morning work on Wednesdays. 9am-2pm is completely reserved for playing Squash, going out for lunch and relaxing before working with the family.
- I only have 30 hours of scheduled work then just 4-12 flexible hours through my newest job (see below for description).
- Got a new job today as a "Personal Assistant" for the Choi family (a Korean-American family living in BsAs who I occasionally babysit for). The hours are super flexible and the tasks are varied but easy. I will be helping Janet organize her life/schedule as well as taking some work off her hands such as making phone calls in Spanish, running errands, organizing their home. I also get to work on creating developmentally appropriate games for their two children, Soren (7) and Alyosha (3) . I love that I get to use my Spanish and kid skills! This job also plays into my more relaxed schedule very nicely.
- Shobie is coming for Christmas! This is old news but we've been planning out some activities and plans. So far Tango dancing, beaches and parillas have all made the list. I'm so excited and grateful his visit.
- Erin is coming in March! Yes, that is right, two scheduled visits. I cannot wait!
- Jenny and I spent a signficant amount of time searching for a giant bar of chocolate and stumbled upon this delight:
- Cooked this vegetably delicious meal of asparagus, onions and red peppers and breaded eggplant for myself after a terrible and slightly frightening student sexual harassment episode:
- Spent 45 minutes with my Ipod, a book and a Fanta Zero laying on a park bench in the sun. One of my arms now has a more pronounced farmer's tan.