Monday, January 10, 2011

30 Day Fitness Challenge

Rease and Emily's 30 Day Shred and Yoga Challenge




I would first like to say that my fitness challenge has nothing to do with the New Year. I don't make resolutions and I certainly don't think fitness is a quick fix thing. If you know me, you know I work out a lot, that I enjoy it and that I certainly do not strive to be a bikini model.

That being said, Argentina is not a healthy place. I work out every day, but it's not enough to battle all the sodium, carbs and sugar packed into everything in this country. I don't start my new job for at least another month, so I was planning on doing an intensive fitness routine. Just in time, Emily asked me if I wanted to do some kind of 30 day challenge with her. We outlined some rules for ourselves, but here are the basics:

  • The challenge will last 30 days (January 10th-February 6th)
  • Each morning we must complete the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout before 10am
  • Each evening before bed we must do a 20 minute night time yoga routine
  • Friday is our only rest day
  • At the end of each week, if we have done both workouts every day we get a reward. It cannot be food related so it will likely be something like a new book. The final week is a new outfit.
  • Every Sunday we must report our progress on our blogs. It makes us accountable to people other than ourselves and each other. Also, you guys can cheer us on!
We wanted to do measurements and weight but I'm having some issues with that. Mainly, I don't own a scale or a tape measurer. I did a rough measurement using a jump rope, a dry erase marker and a ruler I printed offline. Obviously, it wasn't very precise. I'll attempt to find something better.

I will also be doing Boot Camp classes 3 times a week because I love them and I already bought my membership. This makes things especially hard because twice a week I will have to come straight home from an early boot camp class and immediately do my Shred workout. I did it today. I'll just admit it-- it hurt.

I'm really excited about this. I made a chart for me to check off each work out. It will live on my wall for the next month. I like working out and I really like checklists. I hope you guys will check up on Emily and I each Sunday and cheer us on!

3 comments:

  1. Hey I started a new fitness regime too! I'll admit, mine was semi-inspired by the New Year. I'm doing a kinda modified South Beach diet (modified due to the whole vegetarian thing) and doing Boot Camp twice a week and the GoSTL 10K training schedule. I'll wish you good luck with yours if you wish me good luck with mine! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxy- that is AWESOME. I am sad we cannot run the GO STL together! You're going to kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good workout. It's geared a little more to advanced exercisers, but the choreography is fairly basic and you will definately feel this the next day.
    There are three workouts that combine toning and aerobics together which are about a half an hour each. This way, you're burning fat and toning muscles at the same time. It's a little challenging, but fun and effective.

    ReplyDelete