Monday, February 21, 2011

Fitness Challenge #2- 50% Finished

Screen shot of my workout calendar. 50% complete!
As I mentioned in my final update in the 30 Day Shred and Yoga challenge, I started a new fitness challenge immediately after completing the first. This one is more intense. I didn't update last week but I wanted to do a quick post now to let you all know I am officially 50% through and I have not missed a single workout.

I don't have access to a printer so I had to forgo the stickers this time. Instead, I am using clip-art of gold stars to mark my progress. The calendar does not mention that I have to do yoga every night, but I still do. It also refers to workout numbers, as there is a separate workout reference sheet. (I told you it was more intense!)

I'll be honest, I'm not as enthused about this challenge as I should be. I don't have all the fitness equipment I wish I did nor do I have access to a treadmill, which would be very helpful. I'd really like to re-train for a half marathon but I really need a treadmill to get my pace back in check. After running on a treadmill for a while I could feel out my pace when running outside. I think I need to re-calibrate it, so to speak. I'm also kind of irritated with the whole fitness thing right now. Usually, working out is a nice escape from a worried mind, but it has not been working for me lately. I'm finding it harder and harder to force myself to keep up with this even when I'm not getting everything I want out of it. 

I think my lack of enthusiasm is disheartening, but at least my stubbornness keeps me on track. That's the beauty of the fitness challenge- I really hate failing. I don't say I am going to do something unless I plan to do it, so the challenge continues. 

Any suggestions for keeping motivation alive? Or stories of challenges of your own?


In case you want to read about the past Fitness Challenge

3 comments:

  1. I am a fitness challenge failure, but I'm really proud of you for doing so well!!! I like your clip art stars!!

    I like having a DVD I can get mad at during a challenge. I think I'm going to start Insanity... that should make me plenty mad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in training for a 10k run that has jumped right up at us as it's now less than two weeks away and we're not ready for it! We're very lucky to have a community running track that follows the seafront in Fethiye so the motivation isn't a problem - it's a beautiful run - we've just left it too long before we started training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! It's all about finishing and you will definitely finish.

    ReplyDelete